Brave the tourists, aggressive costumed characters and the desnudas next Saturday to join the ESPN gang for College GameDay in Times Square.
College GameDay will be on the air from 9 a.m. to noon ET on Sept. 23 with SportsCenter segments starting at 7am. Typically fans arrive early to soak up the atmosphere—which should be electric in Times Square. They will be setting up at 44th and Broadway, and would like to see as many of your fans as possible. Part of the fun of this show is going to be seeing which alumni fan base “owns” New York!
Fans are encouraged to bring signs (remember, they will be seen on TV so keep that in mind in the wording). Attire is casual, with jerseys and school colors encouraged.
There’s no admission charge, though the crowd space can fill up quickly. Also note that although football is played in a stadium, GameDay does not have stadium—or any other type—of seating, so wearing comfortable clothes and shoes is a good idea.
In addition, ESPN will have camera crews in NYC this Saturday (9/16) capturing footage from alumni watch parties.
Rules for “The Pit”
• Fans may arrive early to begin lining up for access to the pit at 4AM ET, with the area being open around 5AM
• Fans entering the pit will be checked by a security wand
• No bags, backpacks, or purses permitted in the pit
• No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or solicitation signage will be allowed (i.e., no political, religious, or .com, .org, .net signage)
• No signs on a stick
• No pens, pencils, markers or dry erase boards
• No food or drinks
• Throwing of objects is prohibited
Make sure to join our mailing list to receive event invitations and other chapter news directly in your inbox.